No video signal output from Radeon X1600 Pro (AGP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

It would be very appreciated if anyone can shed some light here.

I have been using G-Force 6200A based graphics card on my Dell Dimension 4550. It's an AGP card and I had no problem with the card. I have purchased ATI Radeon X1600 Pro (AGP) recently and replaced the cards. But, no video signal is output from the Radeon card to the monitor. I have verified the fan on the GPU is spinning as soon as I turn on the PC, but nothing is displayed on the monitor (even BIOS info). I put the G-Force card back and it works just fine.

Any idea what's wrong here???

Thanks!

-Kaz226

Welcome to Techspot :wave: ! Make sure that you disabled the 6200 before you inserted the new card in device manager.

Hi and welcome to techspot.

The video signal dissapear maybe due to incompatible AGP speeds as there's multiple AGP speeds and if your system doesn't meet the speeds required, the gpu cannot works as normal. Or maybe there's some settings you must change.

It will be better if you include your complete system specs so that it will help other TSmembers to solve the problem.

nismo91 said:
Hi and welcome to techspot.

The video signal dissapear maybe due to incompatible AGP speeds as there's multiple AGP speeds and if your system doesn't meet the speeds required, the gpu cannot works as normal. Or maybe there's some settings you must change.

It will be better if you include your complete system specs so that it will help other TSmembers to solve the problem.

The AGP 4X/8X is backwards compatible, although it may not work as well, it still should work somewhat.

I didn't disable the 6200 card before I installed Radeon X1600, but I think BIOS info should still be displayed because the device manager is for Windows. Am I wrong here?

The 6200 card is AGP 8X. The Radeon card says AGP 8X/4X.

With the 6200 card installed, I have checked the BIOS setting and only item I found related to AGP there was AGP Aparture, but I think this setting has nothing to do with the issue I have.

Anyway, my system specs are:

PC: Dell Dimension 4550
CPU: Pentium 4 2.4 (533MHz FSB)
RAM: 1GB (512MB DDR333 x 2)
HD: Maxtor ATA 200GB x 1 and 80GB x 1
Display: Rosewill G-Force 6200A (AGP 8X) -> ATI Radeon X1600 Pro (AGP 8X/4X)

Anything I can try???

Thanks!

kaz226 said:
I didn't disable the 6200 card before I installed Radeon X1600, but I think BIOS info should still be displayed because the device manager is for Windows. Am I wrong here?

The 6200 card is AGP 8X. The Radeon card says AGP 8X/4X.

With the 6200 card installed, I have checked the BIOS setting and only item I found related to AGP there was AGP Aparture, but I think this setting has nothing to do with the issue I have.

Anyway, my system specs are:

PC: Dell Dimension 4550
CPU: Pentium 4 2.4 (533MHz FSB)
RAM: 1GB (512MB DDR333 x 2)
HD: Maxtor ATA 200GB x 1 and 80GB x 1
Display: Rosewill G-Force 6200A (AGP 8X) -> ATI Radeon X1600 Pro (AGP 8X/4X)

Anything I can try???

Thanks!

Try to disable the card first in Windows, it makes a difference. If that doesn't work, it could either be a weak Power Supply or a defective card.

I have some updates.

Last night, I disabled the 6200 card in the Device Manager and then replaced the video card to the Radeon X1600 Pro card. But, still no video signal was sent to the monitor.

Then, I disconnected the power cable from the DVD drive and from the secondary hard drive to ensure sending enough power to the video card, but no video signal was sent to the monitor.

So, this morning I went to the store I bought the Radeon card and replaced it with the same card. Then, I tried, but the result was the same. So, I think there is nothing wrong with the card itself. I mean I don't think having 2 defective cards in a row happens...

I don't know much about the voltage for the AGP slot, but according to the info I found in the Wikipedia, the AGP slot in my PC is 1.5V slot. The 6200 card which works fine have both 3.3V and 1.5V keys, but the Radeon card which does not work has only 1.5V key. Are there anything wrong here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back