TechSpot

No web access but msn and downloads remain

By h_pavon
Jun 23, 2006
  1. Sup guys, hope some1 can help me on this matter, here's my problem:

The Linksys WRT54G v1.006 wireless router connects to internet 2 wireless pc's, 3 wired pc's and 1 packet8 phone... It worked perfect for a couple of weeks but now it has web access issues, pages wont load but microsoft messenger remains logged and downloads as well (torrent, http).

I have to reset router whenever I need web access but it only works for a couple of minutes, I have to constantly do it if terminals are going through heavy browsing.

It is clear to me that downloads use less than 50% of my 1mg internet signal, and I've spoken with internet provider and they have no connection issues so I assume it has to do with the router since whenever I reset it I get web access even though is only for a couple of minutes.

Please help me on this matter, Thanks in advance!

PS: when there's no web access I cant even load router setup page with 192.168.1.1

2. korrupt

korrupt TS Rookie Posts: 1,060

I would say your router has had it,

You best option would probably be to go to a repair place and let them have a look at it.

Regards,

Korrupt

3. Tedster

Tedster Techspot old timer..... Posts: 10,074   +13

the cost would probably exceed the purchase of a new one.
    Some places will include the cost of repair towards the purchase of one of their in store items.

4. Samstoned

Samstoned TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,582

disable dhcp in the router try to reconfig WEP if you have'nt

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.