Noblechairs Legend Review: Can It Match the Secretlab Titan Evo?

Never spent more than $200 for a chair and never had a bad one. I sit for hours at a time and have had no pain, stiffness or any other problem. Let's face it, these chairs are 90% marketing and little more .....

Never spent more than $200 for a chair and never had a bad one. I sit for hours at a time and have had no pain, stiffness or any other problem. Let's face it, these chairs are 90% marketing and little more .....
You're not wrong, and many people agree. I had never spent a considerable amount of money on chairs up until about 6 1/2 years ago. There was a Black Friday sale, and I bought a Secretlab Titan Evo. I fell in love with it. I could certainly have spent less money, I'm sure, and gotten a similarly comfortable chair, but I do have a weak spot for the aesthetics. Over five years of use, I did have to replace the arm rests twice. The first replacement Secretlab covered. The second I was on the hook for something like $40 or so. Other than that, the chair was fantastic and essentially showed no wear. Last year, I purchased a new Titan Evo with their "premium" fabric covering and newer features mentioned in this review. I recently upgraded the armrests to their memory foam option. I like it even better than my first and I now use my original Secretlab in my work office. So, I sit in a Secretlab chair for approximately 12-13 hours a day, every day. On the weekends, perhaps the figure is a bit less. All this to say, yes they are insanely expensive and a lot of it is just marketing and branding. But I've had one (and now two) for over six years and they are absolutely worth the money.

Last edited:
Wow! It looks like all the other crappy, bucket seat, gaming chair out on the market. So cool! So over priced! Oh wow!

I'd put that money into a quality, high back office chair over these things. I've only ever had to buy 3 (just got on my third chair a year ago) quality office chairs over the past 30 years. Constant use by me, the wife and kids and they are very comfortable to sit in for hours on end as you game, stream or just screw around on the computer.

I have seen some streamers use these before.
Simplistic design is a +.
I worry that the seat cushions is not good enough for its price though.
It looks think like it is a generic cheap chair.

Wow! It looks like all the other crappy, bucket seat, gaming chair out on the market. So cool! So over priced! Oh wow!

I'd put that money into a quality, high back office chair over these things. I've only ever had to buy 3 (just got on my third chair a year ago) quality office chairs over the past 30 years. Constant use by me, the wife and kids and they are very comfortable to sit in for hours on end as you game, stream or just screw around on the computer.
Executive chairs, tall executive chairs are the best, at least for tall people. Also, they are softer and thus more comfortable than any gaming chair out there.

You're not wrong, and many people agree. I had never spent a considerable amount of money on chairs up until about 6 1/2 years ago. There was a Black Friday sale, and I bought a Secretlab Titan Evo. I fell in love with it. I could certainly have spent less money, I'm sure, and gotten a similarly comfortable chair, but I do have a weak spot for the aesthetics. Over five years of use, I did have to replace the arm rests twice. The first replacement Secretlab covered. The second I was on the hook for something like $40 or so. Other than that, the chair was fantastic and essentially showed no wear. Last year, I purchased a new Titan Evo with their "premium" fabric covering and newer features mentioned in this review. I recently upgraded the armrests to their memory foam option. I like it even better than my first and I now use my original Secretlab in my work office. So, I sit in a Secretlab chair for approximately 12-13 hours a day, every day. On the weekends, perhaps the figure is a bit less. All this to say, yes they are insanely expensive and a lot of it is just marketing and branding. But I've had one (and now two) for over six years and they are absolutely worth the money.
OOh, I'm at the point where I need to replace the armrests on mine, too! I love this chair though. Was replacing the arm rests difficult? My chair is from 2020 so I doubt the warranty will cover it, but $40 isn't bad.

One needs to watch chair companies like a hawk. Herman Miller made a 'deal' with Logitech for their Embody chair, and the price went UPPPP... About 1k NZD in a few months. While still a very good chair, it is not as good of a bang-for-buck deal these days.

SecretLab has a 5 yr warranty, IFF you make a video and publish it on a 'social' website. The EVO is a pretty good chair, but is a bit too firm in the seating area, and the arms do not adjust down near far enough for most desks. By about 5 CM.... Seems that SecretLab does not quite understand ergonomics in general, or got ergonomic advice from their marketing department. Take your pick.

Personally, if I needed a new chair today, I would go for the Embody. Overpriced, yes, But it will still be a very god chair in ten years, and actually has a re-sale value

OOh, I'm at the point where I need to replace the armrests on mine, too! I love this chair though. Was replacing the arm rests difficult? My chair is from 2020 so I doubt the warranty will cover it, but $40 isn't bad.
No, replacing the arm rests took about 30 seconds. This was on a 2018 model. And I went back and check my emails, the replacement arm rests actually only cost $9.90 each. So, I imagine it was actually around $20. You'll need to send them a photo of the damages (and maybe a video? I sent a video as well for some reason). Then they'll send a payment link and ship 'em out. In my case, they were just cracking along the edges and had lost comfort.

One needs to watch chair companies like a hawk. Herman Miller made a 'deal' with Logitech for their Embody chair, and the price went UPPPP... About 1k NZD in a few months. While still a very good chair, it is not as good of a bang-for-buck deal these days.

SecretLab has a 5 yr warranty, IFF you make a video and publish it on a 'social' website. The EVO is a pretty good chair, but is a bit too firm in the seating area, and the arms do not adjust down near far enough for most desks. By about 5 CM.... Seems that SecretLab does not quite understand ergonomics in general, or got ergonomic advice from their marketing department. Take your pick.

Personally, if I needed a new chair today, I would go for the Embody. Overpriced, yes, But it will still be a very god chair in ten years, and actually has a re-sale value
You are right about the Secretlab requirement to extend the warranty to 5 years. I think maybe it come standard at 3. Be warned: You have to put exactly what they ask in the social media post to get the extension. For the sake of getting it, I made the post but I typed something wrong in my post and they denied the extension. Hahahaha. I didn't argue it and just deleted the post if I remember correctly.

You are right about the Secretlab requirement to extend the warranty to 5 years. I think maybe it come standard at 3. Be warned: You have to put exactly what they ask in the social media post to get the extension. For the sake of getting it, I made the post but I typed something wrong in my post and they denied the extension. Hahahaha. I didn't argue it and just deleted the post if I remember correctly.
The social media thing should be illegal IMO. It's like a paid review at that point. I get why people do it, but they should be treated just as "fake" as any of the paid ones.

The social media thing should be illegal IMO. It's like a paid review at that point. I get why people do it, but they should be treated just as "fake" as any of the paid ones.
I'm with ya on that. I think its ridiculous and I felt ridiculous making the post. And when they denied it, I said to hell with it and just moved on with my life.

C'mon... it's just a chair!

I just bought a normal neck support office chair from Lazada (Asian version of your online stores) for just 10% of the asking price of this chair, yet I can sit comfortably for hours, the same.

Whatever the chair, I still need the leg rest. And my office chair has an extendable leg rest too to stretch my leg and it's more comfortable playing games for hours. I also have a leg stand cushion if I feel I don't need to use the extender.

Reminds me of the RGB headphones, which I feel stupid... the people buy something that they can't even appreciate themselves when wearing it, but still, "hey, there's lighting on my headphones!"

Over five years of use, I did have to replace the arm rests twice. The first replacement Secretlab covered. The second I was on the hook for something like $40 or so.
This right here alone is why I would dock a point or 2 from them. A decent, expensive chair with crappy armrests that seem to fail around a year for a lot of people. And then their support implies that it is your fault for wearing through them "early"?

There are big reddit threads that have a lot of people complaining about how crappy the armrests are and how dumb their support is to get new ones. I had to pay shipping to get new ones, but that was after they implied they were doing me a favour because they were "not covered under warranty"...

This right here alone is why I would dock a point or 2 from them. A decent, expensive chair with crappy armrests that seem to fail around a year for a lot of people. And then their support implies that it is your fault for wearing through them "early"?

There are big reddit threads that have a lot of people complaining about how crappy the armrests are and how dumb their support is to get new ones. I had to pay shipping to get new ones, but that was after they implied they were doing me a favour because they were "not covered under warranty"...
Sure, you're not wrong. I definitely understand. I will say however, this is in reference to a 2018 model. They've since updated their armrests entirely and I haven't experienced this issue with the newer model.

Sure, you're not wrong. I definitely understand. I will say however, this is in reference to a 2018 model. They've since updated their armrests entirely and I haven't experienced this issue with the newer model.
I have a 2022 model. Still an issue (as also seen in reddit threads).

Both my armrests already failed. After 1-1.5 years of actual use.

I object to the terms leatherette or faux leather. It is in no way leather and is an attempt to make these types of chair seem superior than they actually are. It is some form of plastic covered fabric.
Real leather is better in every way and won't peel off, making the chair look awful after a year or two.
Do yourself a favour and buy either a fabric covered chair or a real leather faced one, at least. I've had both and my leather faced one is still looking good after 12 years of hard use. The plastic covered fake leather ones lasted maybe 18 months to two of years then had to be dumped due to the above problems. Walking around with bits of black plastic pieces sticking to the back of your neck, arms and back isn't a good look.

Back