Nokia Lumia 610 ships next week in the UK, iPlayer app revealed

By Leeky
May 25, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Nokia is set to unleash its latest Windows Phone OS handset next week in the UK, adding to the Lumia ranks with its most budget friendly handset yet. The new Lumia...

Read the whole story
  2. CrisisDog

CrisisDog Newcomer, in training Posts: 47

I have a Lumia 710. Great phone, great OS, but the lack of mainstream apps is very depressing. I'm about ready to jump ship and get a Galaxy Nexus.
  3. treeski

treeski TechSpot Guru Posts: 869   +129

@Crisis: What major apps are you missing? I think at this point there are very few that I'm still missing on WP.
  4. CrisisDog

CrisisDog Newcomer, in training Posts: 47

No Barnes & Noble Nook, no DI.FM client that allows login to a premium account, no real YouTube client, no Amazon MP3 cloud player. On top of that, my daughter asks where Sega's Chu Chu Rocket and her Dr. Seuss books are, as she uses both on our tablet at home.
  5. gamoniac

gamoniac TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 215   +46

Wow, seriously, they got WP7.5 to run smoothly on phones with hardware specs lower than my 1st gen Samsung Galaxy S (snapdragon 1Ghz with 326 RAM)? That is a truly impressive work of software engineering!! On the other hard, Android just seems to require faster HW every few months.

My phone by the way, is choking and becoming less responsive by the day. I wish there is a way to reset it to factory default - a feature that comes with W8.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.