TechSpot

Nokia's next product launch set for October 22, Lumia phablet incoming?

By Jos
Sep 17, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Nokia’s 6-inch Lumia 1520, which we first saw in leaked images a couple of weeks back, was originally intended to be unveiled at an event next week. But amid news of Microsoft’s acquisition, rumors started to emerge that the company...

Read more

2. treeski

treeski TS Guru Posts: 892   +133

I'm curious to see if they present something that hasn't already been leaked, because as is there really isn't much wow factor. It's just a bigger phone... without a stylus :(

3. drjekel_mrhyde

drjekel_mrhyde TS Rookie Posts: 101   +7

20 MP camera,1080p screen, and a quad CPU the fandroids been biatching about. the stylus part is funny since you I can use a key as a stylus on my 920(at your own risk), the screen is super sensitive(like alot of lumias)

4. Ugh don't believe the hype.

The hardware on these phones are ok but the software needs some real work. Video sharing is a nightmare (and or impossible) and typing on the keyboard is a real joyous occasion as well.

If you like DRM, restrictions, roadworks and red robots then you'll love the lumia range.

5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,360   +809

Possibly they'll throw both devices in our faces.

6. treeski

treeski TS Guru Posts: 892   +133

The 20MP camera is nice, but the 1080p screen and CPU are still just catching up. I know the Lumias are super sensitive and I love that mine works with gloves on, but it's still nothing like using an active digitizer with 1024 pressure points.

At this point, the phone doesn't bring much to the table that isn't already out there, unfortunately.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.