TechSpot

Norton & Spy Sweeper cause computer to freeze, monitor goes white with vertical lines

By vlb
Mar 11, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Can someone please give me some advice. I got this HP computer last year when my father passed away it was only a year old. I had subscribed to Norton online and computer was working fine. Then one day when I ran Nortons scan the computer froze and monitor became white with vertical lines. Been doing it ever since. I took it to a computer shop and they said there were too many trial subscriptions left for my dad and wiped out almost everything including my documents that I had wanted to save. I purchased Norton and Spy Sweeper and again paid for another subscription but still having the freeze when I try to run Norton or spysweeper monitor goes white and have to reboot. Everytime I try to scan same problem. Please advise. Thank you.
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It`s quite possible you have a software conflict of some kind. However, just in case you have malware on your system, please do the following.

Go and read this thread HERE, then post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of vlb only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.