"Not enough server storage is available to process this command."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savage1701

Got a problem. All of a sudden I get this message whenever I try to access one of my computer's shared folders (Computer's nickname is "Green") from any of my other computers (4 others) using WinXP Pro. No problems with any of the others talking to each other. No problem with Green reaching out to other computers on the network and looking at their shared folders. Same router, same switch, nothing new that I know of, just suddenly stopped allowing other computers access and adds that comment in the dialog box. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Hi

When this used to happen under NT the answer was to reinstall the latest service pack..

Might be your answer.

Regards

I found a help file under condition or error or whatever MSFT calls it, #2011. Apparently Antivirus software can do this, and Acronis apps have been know to do this. There are 2 things to try - restarting the "Server" service and doing a particular registry edit. I did them both, it worked. Thanks.

Savage1701 said:
I found a help file under condition or error or whatever MSFT calls it, #2011. Apparently Antivirus software can do this, and Acronis apps have been know to do this. There are 2 things to try - restarting the "Server" service and doing a particular registry edit. I did them both, it worked. Thanks.

please post our fix for others to reference :)

My network is a wireless desktop with WinXP Home (fully updated and running anti-adware, anti-wirus, and registry check regularly) and a wired desktop (not connected to the Internet), and a wired/wireless laptop (fully updated and protected).

I had incorrectly tried to share my c-drives two days ago and just cancelled it today.

I had been able to see files on all PCs' d-drives until yesterday when I began to see the same error msg.

My c-drives have lots of space and I haven't changed my anti-virus or anti-spyware tools.

How do you restart server services?

Restarting Services

To open Services, click Start, click Control Panel, double-click Administrative Tools, and then double-click Services. Choose "Server" and try stopping it and then re-starting it even if it shows it is running. If it works, it should work immediately. At least it did for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back