Not getting audio output after updating the PC!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I am upgrading my pc... I have installed WinXP, with ASUS A7V400-MX SE mother board. I am not getting any sound.
I have set the volume to max for all devices..
I am sure the speakers are working , I also tested with my head phone...
The OS says the device is working properly...

I am running out of options .. can you help me out..

make sure speakers turned on or plugged in the green spot . also ur wave might be turned off in the control options or the actual sound card drivers not properly installed ...

The speakers are plugged in the green spot(cross checked :) )..
I have installed the 'AD1888 SoundMAX Audio Driver' (i have uninstalled and reinstalled it a few times now..)
Tried playing mp3's..
i still am not getting any sound..

You myst have a blue icon with white triangle inside it in systray. Doubleclick it and check it if there is an exclamation mark under any sound control.

I ran TestDirectSound and got the following error-
"DirectSound test results: Failure at step 19 (User verification of software): HRESULT = 0x00000000 (error code)"

what does this mean?

Quick check in google :) and may be you have sound driver problem :( I'll check later in details... I have to EAAAAAT SOMETHING :) download latest drivers for your mobo from asus.com and try with them ( remove old before this ;)

You could try updating the audio drivers, even the mobo drivers. You should even check bios to make sure there are no conflicts.If ALL these fail, return the board.I'm having a few issues with asus these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back