TechSpot

Not surprising: Online college stores charge 35% more for laptops

By Julio Franco
Aug 15, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Buying your laptop on campus can cost you more than your typical back-to-school sale. To save money, compare prices and look for deals outside your campus.

Read more

2. p51d007

p51d007 TS Evangelist Posts: 908   +384

Well, if you are willing to go into debt to the tune of 100,000, 200,000 or more for a four year degree, that half the time is worthless when you get out, then I guess paying an extra 30% or more for a silly laptop with a 1/2 eaten Apple logo isn't that big of a deal.

3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,476   +2,034

Ahhh yesss... There's nothing quite as satisfying and gratifying as fleecing the cash strapped, unsuspecting and misinformed student, it's a close second to looting the dead.
    Seriously though, I don't know how these parasites can live with themselves, I guess they don't have consciences.

4. GeforcerFX

GeforcerFX TS Evangelist Posts: 494   +126

what what schools are you looking at?

5. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 11,684   +1,877

To the upside you can buy Adobe Photoshop at 1/2 price if you're a student or teacher!

You say you can't buy Photoshop anymore, you have to subscribe?

Never mind, I'm sorry, there is no upside...:oops:

6. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,541   +2,337

Most of the high ranking schools charge out of state tuition of 50-70 thousand per year. Four and five year degrees don't come cheap these days.