Notebook cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misfit

I recently bought a Twinhead laptop because my prior laptop got hot and fried.

I don't want the same thing to happen to the new one. I was considering a laptop cooler, which is basically USB fans encased in a flat plastic case that sit underneath the laptop.

Am I wasting my money? Thanks.

if you need one of those to make a laptop run, beat up the guy who sold you the laptop. a laptop should be able to cool itself properly without modification, provided that it is operating within the conditions the manufacturer has set forward ("operating conditions" section of the manual).

I have a new Twinhead laptop and don't want it to overheat and fry like my old one. Sounds like I'd be wasting my money on a cooler then. Thank you for the reply.

zephead, have u ever owned a laptop? if u have then u would really know what he is talking about, with the new/good games many laptops get extremely hot, my cpu gets around 85C!

many new/expensive laptops run much cooler but they still get vry hot when u try to push it, only get a cooler if u plan on intense gaming with it, otherwise u dont need one

well, since you have one, take out the manual and look for a section titled 'operating conditions'. listed there is the minimum and maximum operating room temperatures. according the manufacturer, the laptop will be able to adequately manage itself as long as the room temp and humidity stay within the specified measures.

if you plan on using the laptop in a place whose temperature exceeds the maximum operating temp (room ambient), then by all means an extra cooler would be a wise choice. otherwise, no special actions are nessesary.

i've dealt with many burned out laptops, and they were always killed because thier airflow was cut off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back