Nothing on the screen as if the computer is off... but it works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CJ-real

Processor just got taken out of this Dell PC. Put it back in and turned it on. All the lights are on, there are no error beeps, and disk-drives work.

But there is nothing on the screen.

It works as it has been tried with my laptop. It DOES NOT have a falty connection/wire. And IT IS plugged in. Tried multiply times.

Taken out the MOBO battery, disconnected and re-connected from the PSU (although this works anyway), and un-plugged/switched off from the wall.

What's going on......?

IT WORKS! and I have used it before with THIS computer.

Oh, and... it is not onboard its MOBO graphics (intel)

If you don't have a specific graphics card, then it is 'onboard'. Intel doesn't even make stand-alone video cards.

Reset the CMOS, then try again. If that doesn't fix it, you may have improperly installed your CPU or heatsink.

CAPS lock lights arn't coming on on the keyboard. CMOS reset already by the battery/jumper pins... CPU re-installed. Still nothing.

soz "Oh, and... it is not onboard its MOBO graphics (intel)" was meant to be "its not a graphics card, its onboard MOBO graphics (intel)"

I have the exact same problem on my brothers PC. I have been trying to work it out for a very long time. Now When I tried to reinstall XP it gets BSOD just about everytime it goes to boot into setup. At this stage im fairly sure theres a fault on the mobo, but im still working on it. Sometimes it actually used to finish booting.

I can't see ANYTHING on the screen... it didn't even recognise there was no RAM a minute ago... no beeps?

As SNGX1275 said - If you haven't got a specific graphics card - then you have onboard - unless your mobo doesn't have onboard graphics.

And mobo graphics is called "Onboard". could you try resiting everything you have in the computer. Try to boot with the basics - hard drive - cpu ect.

Regards Jason :)

dont understand why people are trying to tell me the basics of computing like onboard graphics and sitting stuff in place.

Becuase like I said, I have tried everything above.

You are getting those responses because you came in here, telling us in red text what the problem is not. If you write a good post explaining what you have done, you don't need to put stuff in red and bold and caps. We can all read the black text just fine here.

Then you screwed up by saying onboard graphics aren't onboard, you used caps for that again, so I don't think that helped people's attitudes too much.

Registering a second account as philmcc to post that you were having the same problem was a pretty poor move too (I've deleted that post).

If you've done what you've said, then really the only thing left that makes any sense at all is you damaged your motherboard somehow. Basically those symptoms point to a dead processor or motherboard, and it seems you proved the processor still works.

If you are using a graphics card then your problem lies with the card or lack of power going to the card, or the cables to the card/monitor.

If you are using integrated video/onboard, then your problem is with the mobo or you turned it off in BIOS or cables.

If none of the above apply, you have a faulty board.

Registering a second account as philmcc to post that you were having the same problem was a pretty poor move too (I've deleted that post).

he is my friend :l hence his initials PM mine are CJ

video and ram problems

"it didn't even recognise there was no RAM a minute ago... no beeps?"

--if this actually is supposed to mean that

it did not recognize that there WAS ram a minute ago

(CAPS added for emphasis)

then, that gives some valuable information: there are two problems that, together, would both explained by faulty mb, faulty ps, or faulty ram.

alternately, they could be explained by someone in a cold climate not grounding themselves before working on the insides of a pc, and electrostatic discharge damaging various parts.

so, make sure to ground yourself when you are working in this comp.

CJ-real said:
he is my friend :l hence his initials PM mine are CJ
The IP address was identical. Plus its an odd problem to have, so I doubt your friend had it, if so you guys are very unlucky and perhaps not very skilled in working inside computers (to kill 2 motherboards or processors). Also "he" used the same red text, just like you. So seems to me like it was just a second account created by you.

In any case, your posts have been poorly worded and hard to follow, if you really don't think you broke a component, then try restating your problem a little clearer.

The IP address was identical. Plus its an odd problem to have, so I doubt your friend had it, if so you guys are very unlucky and perhaps not very skilled in working inside computers (to kill 2 motherboards or processors). Also "he" used the same red text, just like you. So seems to me like it was just a second account created by you.

Hello this is PHILMCC i am charlies friend charlie was at my house the day we posted the story DUMB ASSSSSSSS on my laptop the one im on now, yes right now now now now

Shows how clever you are SNGX1275

You and CJ then both have the same problems quoting too, everything is too identical, sound like the same guy to me. Anyway, create a new thread with a clear description of the problem if you still think I'm wrong. Also, I seriously doubt you have the exact same problem, so it still was a lame and unnecessary post and did nothing to help you get it solved.

This thread is getting closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back