Nothing to hide?

Spike

I dare say anyone who's been online and reading blogs and forum entries for any length of time has noticed that when erosion of privacy is mentioned, through court sanctioned RIAA hacks, Microsoft anti-trust case failures, so-called 'Trustworthy-computing', phone tapping measures by governments, or even spyware, There always seems to be someone who says...

"If you have nothing to hide, there's nothing to worry about' or some such.

Do you think This Video would change their minds?

I must say, I found it quite amusing, but at the same time, very disturbing. It seems to be where things are heading.

That was pretty humerous, because it seems like more and more places are becoming capable of doing that sort of stuff.

I have only seen the pizza delivery thing in text, never with sound or a visual. It is actually much scarier seeing that cursor click and have his medical records pop up. :dead:

Phantasm66 said:
I think in this day and age, even if you DO have nothing to hide, you have to be afraid anyway.
Sadly, in America anyway, it is becoming "guilty until proven innocent."

Even if I don't have anything to hide, I still don't want someone snooping around and poking around without a reason. Example: If I get stopped by the police and they want to search my car, I politely request that they have a valid reason and/or have a warrant. I never have anything illegal in my car, but I still don't want to give them the right to search through my car just because I am young and could be doing something wrong.

Back