Notifications Now Not Showing in the Flyout panel

captaincranky

Hey, the facelift is actually much more than that...

Last night we upgraded the forum to Xenforo 2.x (from 1.5) and with it all the proprietary backend connecting our site's CMS to the forum. I'm proud to say @adonisfigueroa has done an amazing job delivering this after a few months of hard word. It was a relatively seamless and painless upgrade, and there was nearly zero downtime involved during this upgrade process.

There are undoubtedly a few bugs here and there (some that we just discovered last night), but anyway, to address your concern in proper context...

As part of the upgrade, everyone's cookies and "have read this thread" markers got reset. That's why you weren't logged in this morning and some alerts have not triggered properly. Moving forward I'm confident everything will be back to normal since the new forum will be registering what threads you follow and have visited, thus generating the proper alerts.

@Julio Franco I realize I may be the only one with this issue. I run a vertical 24" 16:9 monitor on my web machine. OK, so that's a bit eccentric, but it causes the monitor to function as something close to a legal pad.

With the new software, the main text field appears "pinched", with too much space given to the "recent posts", and, "Avatar" fields.

With the older software, you could control the size of the main (article and response field), with "Ctrl + or Ctrl -. This is not possible with the new software, as the same commands merely increase or decrease the font size within the field.

The text within the quote window is quite small with my portrait oriented monitor

Attachments

• Techspot screen cap new ver Xenforo388.jpg
    Techspot screen cap new ver Xenforo388.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 4
Back