TechSpot

NSA 'Dishfire' program collects millions of text messages daily

By Shawn Knight
Jan 17, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Top-secret documents from National Security Agency whistleblower Edward Snowden led to a joint investigation between The Guardian and the UK’s Channel 4 News that revealed the agency collects nearly 200 million text messages each day from around the globe as...

Read more

2. The governments should sell this info to cut deficits. I'm sure advertisers would buy it.
    But wait, we already have corporations spying on us and selling the info.

Raoul Duke likes this.
  3. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,157   +739

Translation: I'm a big Obama supporter and the NSA spying really is over the line and makes him and his entire administration look bad, so I'm gonna take a shot at my favorite scapegoat and blame corporations for doing all the bad the things the govt is actually doing.

Burty117 likes this.
  4. To Milwaukeemike---It was tongue in cheek. you occasionally have to laugh at the insanity.

5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,352   +808

That's nice. So instead of us having to waste time checking voice mails, the NSA can answer our calls and respond to messages when we're not available, for free. Now that's what I call 'Value Added Services'.

Raoul Duke likes this.
  6. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke TS Enthusiast Posts: 333   +84

Reminds me of a cartoon I saw. One guy says "Oh no, my computer has crashed!" His friend says "phone the NSA, they'll have a backup copy".

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.