TechSpot

Ntdlr

By ela.vierescu
May 4, 2007
  1. NTDLR missing
    press CTRL+ALT+DEl to restart
    Now, I tried to reinstal winxp using the cd, did't work. I also tried installing from bootable floppy disks. During the both setup i get the same thing. The setup is loading files but when it gets to "Setupr is starting WINDOWS" my computer restarts and i have the two choices: the ntdlr missing or running again and again setup than doesn't end.
    if anyone knows something that can help pls...

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

What brand and model of computer, or what motherboard do you have. How old is the hard drive?
    Do you have a Windows Recovery/restore disc, OEM version of Windows, or Full versions of windows. With the right copy of Windows, you can boot to the Windows disc, and run it in R for Repair mode. That will verify the Windows or the Hard drive are good or bad.

3. ela.vierescu

ela.vierescu TS Rookie Topic Starter

I already fixed the problem. I moved the HDD into another computer, the I installed windows, I put it back and then used the recovery console to repair NTLDR, NTDETECT.COM and boot.ini.Thnks a lot.

4. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

Thanks for the update. We appreciate your letting us know. Congratulations on getting it fixed.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.