NTLDR..Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've read many posts about this issue and the solutions given don't work for me, or I don't understand it.

I installed windows media player 10 on my other computer about an hour ago, and i had to restart in order for it to work so i did, then i got the message "NTLDR is missing, press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart. And I can't get past that page it doesn't even take me to the windows start up page.
I've tried pressing F8 but it's just this blue pop up, with alot of letters and codes i don't understand, and when i try installing my winxp cd nothing happens , just takes me to the missing NTLDR page again. Can someone please help me soon, I have all of my files for my university work on there, and a major assignment due tomorrow.

-Thank you

Boot from your XP CD and enter recovery console. at the command prompt type

copy X:\i386\NTLDR c:

"X" is whatever letter your optical drive is.

thx for responding..how do i know what my optical drive is?
and do i type this right under "Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart"

if you only have one hard drive then your optical drive shoud be D. put the XP CD in the optical drive and reboot the computer. ( you may have to go into the bios and set the boot order to CD Rom as first boot device.) when it boots from he CD choose repair and enter recovery console, once you get to the command prompt that is where you type the commands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back