Nvidia (eVGA) 7600gt freezing quite often in games

Status
Not open for further replies.

AhrenBa

Hello,

I have an Nvidia (eVGA) 7600gt graphics card running the latest Forceware drivers. I play an online shooter called WarRock (much like CounterStrike).

For some reason when I am in game, the game will just suddenly freeze for a period of about 20 seconds to 1 minute and then go back to working just fine. This will happen several times during the game. When the game freezes, I can still hear sound.

It does not freeze when in just regular Windows OS.

Why would it be doing this? I have not had a chance to test it in other games, but my friends say that they have never experienced a freeze up like that in WarRock. Any solutions?

I have had this card for about 8-9 months and have never had it happen. It has only now started happening.

Also, one other question about the fan on a GPU. Is it supposed to suck air inward (toward the card) or blow outward (away from card)?

Thanks!

Firstly, what are your pc specs? To your question about fans, some are designed to blow air out the back of your case, but most fans blow air off of your card by either blowing cooler air towards your card or blowing hot air off the heatsink.

Woops, sorry about not listing specs. The only reason I didn't was because I have had this card for about 8 months, and the problem has started happening only recently on the same hardware.

Dell 4700
512MB RAM
80GB Hard Drive
305w PSU with dual +18v rails (the card has worked fine on this)
Pentium 4 2.8ghz

Don't forget this cards power supply requirements list a minimum rating of 350w;
Recommends 425w.
Also do some internet tests on quality and speed. This has caused me similar freezes in online game playing.
dslreports. com/stest
speedtest. net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back