Nvidia: FTC action against Intel to transform the industry

By Jos
Dec 17, 2009
  1. In a rather unsurprising development, Jen-Hsun Huang, Nvidia CEO and longtime Intel detractor has chimed in on the recent antitrust lawsuit being brought against the latter, claiming it could have a transformative effect on the computer industry as a whole. In an internal memo sent to employees and obtained by several news outlets, the executive went on about how the GPU is slowly taking a more important role on modern computing and praised the Federal Trade Commission for probing Intel's unlawful attempts to thwart this.

Read the whole story
  2. Captain828

Captain828 TS Guru Posts: 287   +10

While neither nVidia nor Intel like playing nice, I have to agree with nVidia on this one.
    Cutting off their ability to make any new nVidia chipsets has been at a huge detriment to us end users.

Prices on the X58 boards are still high and with Intel's double-socket scheme (as in having both an LGA1366 and LGA1156) one might wonder how long until they will pull off more tricks in the chipset market.
  3. blimp01

blimp01 TS Enthusiast Posts: 144

yea they really need to stop price inflation, x58 are wayyy to expensive i wish nvidia could make their own computing systems and not rely on intels boards, i think they could do much better and have more possibilities
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.