Nvidia FX Drivers

By jjangl337
Oct 14, 2003
  1. i have the nvidia 128 ddr mb fx5200 and i keep hearing about this "detonator" driver is it the same driver as the current one on the nvidia website cause thats wat i have or should i dl this "detonator" driver wat u guys think? Or to simplify this question I HAVE A FX5200 wat driver should i use?
  2. jjangl337

jjangl337 TS Rookie Topic Starter

well yea that dosent answer ne thing ...... :?
  3. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

The drivers at nvidia's site are called Detonators for some reason.
  4. Steg

Steg TS Rookie Posts: 269

nvidia drivers have ALWAYS been detonator the same as ATi drivers are Catalyst - its just the brand name
    if you want a stable and secure driver set download the latest offical driver set (45.23 i think) from

5. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TS Evangelist Posts: 4,345   +11

Yeah, I believe they started calling them Detonators when they introduced Riva TNT. It wasn't called that with Riva 128 and earlier, so it's not always.

Detonator to detonate TNT ;)
  6. Superfly

Superfly TS Rookie

Can i suggest using the BETA Detonator drivers - especially if you plan on running DX9 games - DO NOT use DET 51.75 - very very bad driver - DO USE DET 52.13 or above - very good drivers.

Have fun - my DX9 performance has gone up 60% withthe new DET 50.xx series drivers.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.