Nvidia FX Drivers

By jjangl337
Oct 14, 2003
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i have the nvidia 128 ddr mb fx5200 and i keep hearing about this "detonator" driver is it the same driver as the current one on the nvidia website cause thats wat i have or should i dl this "detonator" driver wat u guys think? Or to simplify this question I HAVE A FX5200 wat driver should i use?
  2. jjangl337

jjangl337 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter Posts: 29

well yea that dosent answer ne thing ...... :?
  3. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

The drivers at nvidia's site are called Detonators for some reason.
  4. Steg

Steg Newcomer, in training Posts: 422

nvidia drivers have ALWAYS been detonator the same as ATi drivers are Catalyst - its just the brand name
    if you want a stable and secure driver set download the latest offical driver set (45.23 i think) from nvidia.com

Steg
  5. Mictlantecuhtli

Mictlantecuhtli TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 4,916   +9

Yeah, I believe they started calling them Detonators when they introduced Riva TNT. It wasn't called that with Riva 128 and earlier, so it's not always.

Detonator to detonate TNT ;)
  6. Superfly

Superfly Newcomer, in training

Can i suggest using the BETA Detonator drivers - especially if you plan on running DX9 games - DO NOT use DET 51.75 - very very bad driver - DO USE DET 52.13 or above - very good drivers.

http://www.3dchipset.com/drivers/beta/nvidia/nt5/index.php

Have fun - my DX9 performance has gone up 60% withthe new DET 50.xx series drivers.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.