Nvidia geforce 5200 256mb agp problem plz help

By villakid
Aug 17, 2005
  1. My system details are as follows:
    Windows Xp Pro
    Service Pack 2
    Amd Athlon Processor 1.33ghz
    512mb of ram

i bought my 5200 graphics card at christmas, i had problems straight away! after installin it correctly inthe agp slot i found it wuld not work to its full potential.
    i had orginally used the drivers that came with my card, but after tried to install the latest drivers.this made no difference, i was better off using my 32mb graphics card on the mother board!
    i then tried installing the beta version of drivers, i then got excited because it started working properly as it should, but then would randomly restart the pc, when the graphics card was fully used by a game etc. i could not even run black and white without restarting! which needs basic system requirements!
    i eventually took it out my machine & now having to use my crap graphics card. please can someone direct me to help, so that i can use my graphics card for my games.
    thanks!

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

What psu do you have? If your psu doesn`t give out enough power, then you will have problems with your new videocard.

Look HERE at this handy psu wattage calculator.

Bear in mind that if your psu is a generic no name brand, then it will stuggle to put out anywhere near it`s rated wattage. Even a good quality psu will only achieve around 70% efficiency.

I`m not saying that this is the only reason you are having problems, but it`s not a bad place to start.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.