nvidia nforce 4 ultra driver - which one is it??

By detrunks
Jan 9, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Please help!!
    I have an Asus A8N-E with AMD 64 3200+ (939)
    The mobo has the nVidia nForce 4 Ultra chipset and I want to update the driver. I don't know which driver it is from the nVidia website - they have 4 nforce 4 drivers!!
  2. kirock

kirock Newcomer, in training Posts: 1,598

You would choose: platform/nForce drivers/nForce4 AMD/ then your OS (WinXP?) then it would be version 6.70 You don't want 430/410 or X16 and obviously not Intel. I have the MSI Neo4 Platinum SLI mobo with the AMD 64 3500+ and that's what I use 6.70.

cheers,
  3. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 3,566

Since your CPU is an AMD, you want:

platform/nforce drivers
    nforce4 amd
    windows XP (assuming that is your os)

Good luck!

EDIT* kirock fast. Me slow.
  4. detrunks

detrunks TechSpot Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 204

thx to both of you - the OS is X64 so I'll be choosing that (it was th e1st bit that was confusing me!)
  5. rvoll

rvoll Newcomer, in training

Actually, I have the same motherboard, and the nforce 4 AMD drivers caused some problems with the controller. I finally changed to the nforce4 professional drivers and they have worked great so far. Like the others, I thought the AMD version would have been the right one. Check your device manager, you should see 2 NVidia Nforce Serial ATA drivers and one Parallel driver under . If you have any Microsoft drivers there under IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers, then you've got the wrong drivers.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.