nVidia nForce2 Motherboard

By Jaf
Oct 30, 2003
  1. Hi! Does anyone know if the nVidia nForce2 Motherboard has an AGP slot. If it has got one, how do i know if its a 4x or 8x AGP slot.

Grateful for any help or suggestions :)
  2. NoisySilence

NoisySilence TS Rookie Posts: 98

Do you know the Brand/Model of your mainboard ? ( Got a manual with that thing ? ;) )

It would be a lot easier for us to determine the specs that way.
  3. Jaf

Jaf TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 52

Well i got my pc as a full package, so i got no manual for the motherboard. I didn't get a manual for anything to do with hardware like audio card, graphics, motherboard or modem.

So im sorry on that account that i do not have a manual.
  4. Jaf

Jaf TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 52

I decided to look inside my pc, and I found the motherboard details. Albatron KM18G Pro. It does have a 8x AGP slot.

So the worry is over :)
  5. shiato storm

shiato storm TS Rookie

most nforce2 boards (thats probably ALL OF THEM!!) have AGP slots and are 8x compliant as this has been developed in time to be included.
    it makes no sense for a manufacturer to omit AGP/8x on and mobo being made since the begining of this year (when 8x was being released...)

can't wait for 16x, 32x, 64x... etc. !!
  6. Wallabe

Wallabe TS Rookie

Well I didnt get the AMD 2500. Instead I bought the 2400. I'm a bumbass but it is holding up pretty good at the speed its going. A major thing I see is my PCI video card and hard drive. Other then that its doing good to me. And yes I have the Asus A7V8X-X Mobo
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.