Nvidia releases GeForce 331.58 WHQL drivers

By Scorpus
Oct 21, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. With the impending releases of Battlefield 4 and Batman: Arkham Origins, Nvidia has released a new WHQL-certified driver for owners of GeForce 8-series cards and above. Driver version 331.58 reportedly improves performance in DiRT Showdown (up to 11%), Metro: Last...

Read more
    cliffordcooley likes this.
  2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TS Guardian Fighter Posts: 8,430   +2,822

Thanks for the heads-up. Letting GeForce Experience download now.
  3. TechGamer

TechGamer TS Addict Posts: 365   +38

Hopefully this wont make everything unplayable for me like the beta ones
  4. tomkaten

tomkaten TS Addict Posts: 183   +83

Enough with the game improvements, there are 60 page topics on their boards about people having major issues with every driver pack after 314.22. I'm one of them. I wish they'd just look into that first. Freezes, TDR, Bsods and the likes... Not cool.

4xx and 5xx series seem to be the most affected, but they've been reported with 6 and 7 series as well. The drivers also seem to become too bloated with features that maybe 5% of Nvidia owners use, they should really think about making a bare-bone driver for the masses.

If anyone has any reports on this one's stability with 4xx and 5xx series, please let us know. Thanks !
  5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,352   +1,947

And I thought I was the only one on these forums that uses GeForce Experience. Although supported games are pretty limited, the ones that are supported work pretty well I think.
  6. Burty117

Burty117 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,893   +646

I've not used GeForce Experience however, I'm going to give it a go when I get home, see what's what.

I wish they could increase PhysX processing on the 780 to be more efficient, Borderlands 2 runs like a bit of a dog at times with a 780 (I've made sure it is using the GPU for processing) but it still runs a bit crap which is disappointing for such a decent card.
  7. spydercanopus

spydercanopus TS Evangelist Posts: 811   +93

You think they'll ever figure out how to stop resizing my desktop to 1024x768 for a split second and hence resizing windows and moving icons?