TechSpot

nvMax tweaking utility (Need Help)

By Danky
Sep 2, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was just going through this guide and encountered a problem.

http://www.techspot.com/tweaks/geforce/index.shtml

I downloaded nvMax and tried to install it. After clicking yes to the agreement it closed, flickered my screen a bit like it was loading, then did nothing. I rebooted and get an error message dialog.

"Error loading NvQTwK

The specified module could not be found."

I don't want to try to get this to work anymore, I just want to get this crap off my system. Does anyone know how? I have done the following:

Searched for "nvmax", and deleted two .pf files (prefetch files). Rebooted, same message.

Searched for "nvqtwk", came up with four files. One in the Nvidia folder, and 3 more in the system folder. Deleted all 4. Same thing.

Help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  2. Danky

Danky TS Rookie Topic Starter

Update

Update:

I went into registry and deleted everything with 'nvmax' and 'nvqtwk' in it. Fixed the problem.
  3. Tarkus

Tarkus TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 837

it sounds like you got a bad download. If you can't get that to work you could try RivaTuner. I've been using it for years.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.