OCZ increases SSD production by over 100%

By Emil
Oct 20, 2010
Post New Reply
  1. OCZ Technology Group has announced it is opening a new Solid State Drive (SSD) manufacturing plant in Taipei, Taiwan on October 25, 2010. The 20,000 square foot facility, which features test and burn-in technology required by the company's growing OEM client base, will enable the company to increase SSD production by over 100 percent: from 50,000 units a month to 140,000 units a month.

Read the whole story
  2. Jesse

Jesse TechSpot Staff Posts: 368   +39

Awesome! I love OCZ's SSD's, hopefully this will help in pushing prices down as well.
  3. I thought it was only Japan that dealt in square Feet? Geisha knowledge req.
    production increased by 180% but sales up 200% plus ...
  4. hellokitty[hk]

hellokitty[hk] Hello, nice to meet you! Posts: 4,349   +122

Lower prices please.
  5. Lokalaskurar

Lokalaskurar TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 616

Hopefully, the abundance of OCZ's SSD's might lead to an increase in competition, resulting in lower SSD-prices. One can merely wish that SSD's will become mainstream before 2011...
  6. Trillionsin

Trillionsin TechSpot Addict Posts: 1,045   +37

Yes, agreed. Lower prices please!!!!

When they start getting comparable to regular HDD I will consider buying them. Key word, comparable.
  7. vangrat

vangrat Newcomer, in training Posts: 223

pfft 100%, call me when it's over 9000.
  8. raich

raich Newcomer, in training

keep in mind that SSD out-preform regular hdd's.. big time! you get what you pay for!
  9. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 7,281   +24

Good stuff; it's about time SSD prices started to reduce.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.