OCZ not what you think?

In all honesty, I have never thought it to be anything more than a home business.

Regardless of how home-cooked the operation is, OCZ still does offer some fairly consistent, overclockable memory. That's good enough, albiet their prices are not favorable.

Many "manufacturers" are not manufacturer's at all. There are actually only a hanful of real manufacturers out there... "Real" manufacturers such as Hynix and Micron sell their memory modules to OEM partners and then these third party individuals label/modify it - calling it their own.

But these pictures... Oh my.. How embarrasing.

PDPDSYS website:
http://www.pdpsys.com/oemserv.html

OCZ website:
http://www.ocztech.com/products/memory/manufacturing/index.asp

I didn't think it looked that bad. Maybe cause I live over an hour from any city larger than 14,000. Thats the way the "good" computer shops look here.

Originally posted by SNGX1275
I didn't think it looked that bad. Maybe cause I live over an hour from any city larger than 14,000. Thats the way the "good" computer shops look here.
Well not that, just A. They are passing themselves off as multiple companies, B. Passing themselves off as manufacturing some of their own products (Such as the RAM) C. Passing themselves off as a MUCH larger operation, take a look at the "About" page on OCZ, big picture of a high rise building, which would seem to indicate that's either their building or their HQ.

Dunno, seems extremely misleading all this stuff about them. That guy from Hardware Extreme is their "PR" guy too. Him being the one who passed off information from symantec anti-virus as his own last year when the 2 big viruses came out.

And the worst is running "independant" sites, professing unbiased, (but somehow always favorable) reviews

I own a stick of PC3000 (OCZ) and am EXTREMLY happy with the product. I know it is shoddy, but this ram does 200MHZ without a hickup!

just my 5 cents

I always thought something smelled a little rotten with that operation, I just couldn't quite put my finger on it.

Back