OCZ Vertex 3 update adds 20nm NAND, lowers I/O performance?

By Rick
Feb 20, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. OCZ's Vertex 3 SSD line-up is about to receive a minor hardware update, a company press release indicates. It appears OCZ's upcoming Vertex 3.20 drives are essentially the same as their predecessors, but will feature a NAND (memory) die-shrink from...

Read more
  2. treeski

treeski TechSpot Guru Posts: 867   +128

Cheaper manufacturing costs and reduced performance = cheaper price, right? RIGHT?!
    ghasmanjr and Darth Shiv like this.
  3. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,773   +1,428

One could only hope!!! :)
  4. ghasmanjr

ghasmanjr TechSpot Booster Posts: 363   +86

That would only make sense, so my guess is no. Haha
  5. I don't know why they even produce those things unless they are aimed at some OEM computers with a bunch of office workers. The vector is the SSD enthusiasts are buying and recommending to their friends.
  6. uJonesing

uJonesing Newcomer, in training

Any "enthusiast" who recommends an OCZ SSD to their friends isn't a friend. Hell, at my local nerd shop they always have some OCZ SSD on display and the floorguys routinely steer people away from it.
  7. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,773   +1,428

I am either not an enthusiast or no friend of yours. I currently have an OCZ Agility III and have had no issues that I'm aware of. I have absolutely no problem recommending OCZ products to anyone, friend or enemy.

Maybe its the word enthusiast that I have a problem with in your statement. PC enthusiast still have differences in opinion even though they are better educated on PC topics. These opinions shouldn't weigh heavy on basis for friendship.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.