Odd issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idx

I'm going to try explain this the best i can.

I did some cable management and fitted a new GPU cooler a couple days ago. Now the computer boots fine if i don't shut it off at the power (on standby basically). This only happens after i did cable management and gpu, computer was fine beforehand.

Once i shut off the power at the socket or remove the plug then go to boot again with the power on, this happens:

The pc boots for 2 seconds (monitor dosn't activate), pc shuts off.
Then about 3 seconds after it boots again straight to windows and no issues?

It's hardly a problem, but its one of those things that makes you worry that something isn't right in there?

Anyone had similar experience, any help or advice on how to stop this?

Suggests a slight bios change to me - PC's can boot in various ways, and there are often options in the bios allowing you to control, for instance, how much checking takes place at boot time. When you think it is actually switching off and re-starting the boot, it may simply be checking something it hadn't used to check.

This behaviour used to be seen after installing a network card designed to boot the PC from a network server. The network card itself had a kind of mini-bios, and would first check for a server boot, not find it, and then the PC bios would start instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back