TechSpot

Odd tower issue

By PISSED
Sep 10, 2008
  1. hello. My sister pulled the power cable from the back of the tower while her computer was on, now when i turn it on, the fan is abnormally loud. No image to the monitor what-so-ever. is there a fix to this? thank you =]

2. tw0rld

tw0rld TS Maniac Posts: 572   +6

Sounds like some stuff got fried. It could be your Mobo. Isolating your hardware might be a good idea in figuring out what got fried. Do you have another graphics that you could swap for the one presently installed?

3. PISSED

PISSED TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 22

if the mobo was fried, it shouldnt come on at all, if I'm right. As for graphics cards, i think this one is internally build, because i dont see one. . .

4. tw0rld

tw0rld TS Maniac Posts: 572   +6

Still trying to figure what failed.

5. PISSED

lol, thanks bro. If you pull the power cord while the tower is on, it will do this whole ordeal

6. PISSED

meh, its still not turning on properly, any help would be great. :]

7. CCT

CCT TS Evangelist Posts: 2,653   +6

Reset the CMOS then try to boot from the Windows cd.

If you can, do a Repair Install.

8. windmill007

windmill007 TS Rookie Posts: 308

Try to reseat the memory and reseat the power supply on the motherboard . Still nothing reset the bios by using jumper or pulling the cmos battery for awhile and try again. Can always try to reseat the processor and/or pull all cards from mobo and disconnect all drives from mobo and only have the power supply hooked up to the motherboard and nothing else and just have monitor hooked up on the back of the motherboard..nothing else...no kb or mouse even. This would be bare bones to see if u can even get it to power on and isolate from anything else possible causing the non-boot issue.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.