Odd tower issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

PISSED

hello. My sister pulled the power cable from the back of the tower while her computer was on, now when i turn it on, the fan is abnormally loud. No image to the monitor what-so-ever. is there a fix to this? thank you =]

Sounds like some stuff got fried. It could be your Mobo. Isolating your hardware might be a good idea in figuring out what got fried. Do you have another graphics that you could swap for the one presently installed?

Sounds like some stuff got fried. It could be your Mobo. Isolating your hardware might be a good idea in figuring out what got fried. Do you have another graphics that you could swap for the one presently installed?
if the mobo was fried, it shouldnt come on at all, if I'm right. As for graphics cards, i think this one is internally build, because i dont see one. . .

Reset the CMOS then try to boot from the Windows cd.

If you can, do a Repair Install.

Try to reseat the memory and reseat the power supply on the motherboard . Still nothing reset the bios by using jumper or pulling the cmos battery for awhile and try again. Can always try to reseat the processor and/or pull all cards from mobo and disconnect all drives from mobo and only have the power supply hooked up to the motherboard and nothing else and just have monitor hooked up on the back of the motherboard..nothing else...no kb or mouse even. This would be bare bones to see if u can even get it to power on and isolate from anything else possible causing the non-boot issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back