Office 2010 on a Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 machine with Terminal Services

pyromaster114

Trying to put Office 2010 on a machine running Windows Server 2003 R2 (SP2) with Terminal Services.

The machine will be set up so that anyone requiring the usage of Office 2010 can use RDP to log onto the server and use the programs there.

1) Do I need a specific version of Office 2010 to make this work?
2) Is this a violation of the license agreement for Office 2010? (Obviously I care about this less than the first part, but I'd like to know.)

The only reason I ask is because apparently my friend tried to install a version of Office 2010 we had lying around and it apparently gave him some weird error about Terminal Services... haven't seen the error myself but I thought I'd ask before I try this again.

Not sure about 2003, but with 2008 the Volume License Enterprise version of office is required.
Investigate that aspect. we tried installing office pro 2007 on our TS with Windows 2008 and it balked so i did some research and there are several posts that said it had to be VL Ent.

Don't forget that when you install apps with the intention of making them available via TS you need to do so in TS Install mode. I'm not sure if that is what's causing your hangup, but many apps choke if you don't do it that way. When a user logs into a TS by default they are running in Execute mode.

Back