Office picture manager default for pdf

By hlratliff
Feb 22, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. I am trying to save a word document to pdf. I saved the document as a Word document first. Then tried to save as pdf. Somehow Microsoft Picture Manager has become my default. Same thing I have done a thousand times before. How can I get rid of this irritating problem?
  2. mike1959

mike1959 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,022   +51

If you are using Vista or 7, goto 'Start', then in the right hand part of the menu, click on 'Default programs'. Then click on 'Associate a file type or protocol with a program'. Scroll down the list to '.pdf', click on it once to highlight. Then click on the box at the top , 'change program' and choose the program you want to use with pdf's.
  3. Roomana Hukil

Roomana Hukil TS Rookie

I use windows 8 and I need to know the same. Somehow all my PDF documents converted to Microsoft Picture Manager. I need them back to Adobe PDF. PLEASE ASSIST ASAP!!!
  4. mike1959

mike1959 TS Evangelist Posts: 1,022   +51

Hi, It's much the same way as in my previous post.
    Find any file ( on your PC) that you know to be a .pdf, right-click on it, and the last choice in the list is 'Properties', click on that one.
    In the next box, look at the second section down, "Type of file: Opens with;" and then click on the box "Change".
    Another box will open with all of the programs on your PC that will open a .pdf file, so then you just choose the one you prefer.
    ( I have found pdf x-change viewer to be very good.)