Office XP Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorakachan

Hiya, I need a bit of help.
Okay, so, I've heard Office XP has been giving several people problems, but I haven't found my exact situation yet, so...Here I go.

Okay, so, I get a new computer and I go to change my Regional and Language settings to make East Asian languages displayable and such (As I have a lot of Japanese music, and not-Japanese symbols in the titles are annoying). Okay, so XP pro does fine with it. I then go to open Microsoft Word, which worked fine before, and it says that it cannot find the Office1.cab file. It acts as if it's trying to reinstall it as I do not have this file. I click cancel as I can not find it on my CD-ROM. It stops the 'installation' process and doesn't allow me to open the program, or any other Office XP program, as it does the same thing again each time I try to open it.

Then, it eventually stops giving me that message and starts giving me this message:
"This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer patch package."
It even gives me this message when I try to uninstall it, so I can't reinstall it and try to fix it that way.

Help?

Download, install, and then run the Windows Installer CleanUp utility to remove the Windows Installer registry settings that are associated with your Office installation. Good luck!

Okay, now when I try to reinstall it, it says
'Error 25003. Microsoft Office setup can not continue because the installation source is corrupted.'
Can anyone tell me just what is wrong with it? T_T Will I have to find a download of OFFICE1.cab somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back