Old problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

deseraligears

I have always not been able to view a video all the way thru w/o it stopping buffering and than playing agin paly stop play stop one thru you go back and than plays all the way. Thanks

Ram

deseraligears said:
I have always not been able to view a video all the way thru w/o it stopping buffering and than playing agin paly stop play stop one thru you go back and than plays all the way. Thanks

First,for any post,Name your OS.Otherwise it's just guessing.
============================================
How much RAM do you have ? What player are you useing ?
What else are you doing at the same time.?
Name the Video type and size.

This is typically caused by your processor being bottlenecked. Other factors include lack of ram. Turn off all unnecessary processes. For example: Stop your anti-virus from doing an automatic scan or your disk defragger while watching. Turn off your distributed computing projects (if any)... this will all hamper your CPU cycles. While this is not as pronounced in multi-core CPUs, single cores are especially vulnerable. If you have in adequate ram or a slow hard drive, these can also contribute to slow buffering.

Another factor is your broadband speed, if it is slow then your video will play faster than it can be downloaded. Pause the playing until the entire video is downloaded.

256 ram 2.60 cpu os windows 2003 usually on IE and only wyactching You Tube , Meta or a short video never playing games . DO gave avg but problem has been ongoing for years syestem onserver.

It could also be that you have an insufficient amount of bandwidth on your Internet connection.

You Tube is always bad about that as the video starts as soon as the download starts uless it is a big download and then u will probably get ahead of it and finish downloading way before it through playing. that is just a fact with you tube I watch several on there and it happens to me and i have a pretty fast connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back