Old Video Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenko

Hello, my PSU recently burned out so I have had to revert to my original one. Because of this, I have had to disable my video card. If I go into my BIOS and enable onboard video, will it automatically disable my video card, or do I have to do something extra. Also, do you think the original PSU (Gateway) will last two weeks without burning out, on low specs?

How many amps does the GTW PSU have? And wattage? What card are you trying to use again?

And you should remove the card physically, that way it won't interfere with the onboard video.
And remove its drivers, to prevent a conflict.

Well, I'm trying to revert to onboard video. I think the PSU is 350-400W. Don't know the amps off hand.

Also, what will happen if it does conflict?

Okay, I removed the card. I'll remove its drivers in a second too.

UH OH! I restarted the computer after removing the drivers and the Found New Hardware Wizard popped up and tried to install a video controller, SM Bus, and something else. It couldn't install them because it didn't have a cd. Now my video is being all weird. How can I install the video controller and stuff without the cd?

Internet Answers All

Go to the manufacturer of the PC's website (i assume gateway) and look up your model number, and look for support and downloads, then drivers. and find the correct driver for your onboard video.
or you could just try right clicking on the desktop and selecting properties and going to settings and setting your color to 32bit, and then drag the scroll bar to the desired resolution.

Hope that helps!

Well, that fixes my Video Adapter, but for some reason my PCI Bridge Device and SM Bus Driver are still not functioning. :(
Should I just re-install the Nvidia Drivers, since the PC worked fine with them. Also, I heard that if you reset your motherboard chipset drivers it will fix it, but I have no clue how to do this, and google won't tell me.

Nevermind, apparantly I had to restart my computer, it just never said that I needed to. Thanks for all the help guys. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back