On board sound card cannot play sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaipalrawat

I have P4X333-8235 board (P4 VXAD+), it has onboard sound card.

I recently formatted my comp. and reinstall win xp but now i cannot play sound.

When trying to open volume control it says

"no active mixer device available. To install mixer devices, go to control panel and click add hardware" .

but the sound card is already installed i remove the same several times and try to reinstall but of no use.

In control panel when i click at sounds and audio devices in volume tab it says "no audio devices" and all the options there are disabled same situation in audio tab.

At Hardware tab when i click the driver installed (CMI9739A) in properties section it shows that "driver is enabled but has not been started".

I checked in the CMOS settings there the device is enabled.

I tried my best but not able to correct it can anyone help me resolve the situation.

Thanks in advance

When you reformatted and reinstalled Windows, you lost many of the drivers you formerly had installed. Now you have to reinstall any drivers that are missing. Check the Device Manager and if you see any yellow symbols next to any device listed, those need drivers installed.

For your onboard sound, for example, you should find the sound driver on the motherboard driver CD that should have or might have come with it. If you don't have this CD, you should be able to download the onboard sound driver from the motherboard manufacturer's website. In your case, I think the manufacturer is ECS Elitegroup.

In device manager no device is with yellow symbols. i m trying to downlaod onboard sound driver for motherboard manufacturers as i dont have CD for the same will back to u once i finished downloading

Onboard sound card is not working

mailpup said:
When you reformatted and reinstalled Windows, you lost many of the drivers you formerly had installed. Now you have to reinstall any drivers that are missing. Check the Device Manager and if you see any yellow symbols next to any device listed, those need drivers installed.

For your onboard sound, for example, you should find the sound driver on the motherboard driver CD that should have or might have come with it. If you don't have this CD, you should be able to download the onboard sound driver from the motherboard manufacturer's website. In your case, I think the manufacturer is ECS Elitegroup.

I tried the above procedure and download the onboard sound driver but it is still not working the same problem still exists. pls write any other solution u may have.

Thanx

Is this the name of the sound driver you downloaded and tried to install? VIA AC'97 Codec Sound Driver

Onboard sound card is not working

mailpup said:
Is this the name of the sound driver you downloaded and tried to install? VIA AC'97 Codec Sound Driver

Yes you r right the sound driver i download is VIA AC'97 codec sound driver apart from the this driver from ECS elitegroup i also download driver for the devices from driverguide.com of C-media and viyal.

Thanx

Was the sound working fine before you reformatted? What was the reason for reformatting?

mailpup said:
Was the sound working fine before you reformatted? What was the reason for reformatting?

Yes the sound was perfect before. I reformatted because my system was being hanged in between many times. when i formated later i found that the processor fan go off.

mailpup said:
Your original problem might have been overheating of your processor. A reformat might not have been necessary. Did you replace the fan yet or is it working again?

Take a look at this thread: https://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?p=525521#post525521

It might help you with your problem.

I replace the fan. I solve the problem now by reinstalling a new copy of windows xp now my system sound is working perfectly.

Thak u for your support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back