OnePlus 3 leaks reveal typical specifications, including Snapdragon 820, 5.5" display

Scorpus

Staff member

It won't be too long until OnePlus releases its next flagship, and thanks to the work of known and accurate leaker Evan Blass, potential specifications for the OnePlus 3 have been revealed.

According to Blass' information, the OnePlus 3 will pack a 5.5-inch 1080p AMOLED display, a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 SoC, and a 16-megapixel rear camera. All of these hardware features sound pretty typical for a high-end smartphone released in 2016, perhaps with the exception of the 1080p display which is still a step behind current-gen 1440p panels.

Other specifications reportedly include 64 GB of storage, NFC, and a 3,000 mAh battery. It seems that OnePlus will not be selling a version of the OnePlus 3 with just 16 GB of storage inside, after inital sales for the 16 GB OnePlus 2 were weaker than expected. The company is also set to include NFC in their high-end handset after reviews of the OnePlus 2 panned its omission.

A screenshot of the OnePlus 3 provided by Evan Blass appears to show the smartphone running a version of Android N with the company's OxygenOS skin applied. Google is set to release Android N this summer, and the OnePlus 3 could be one of the first devices to launch with the new OS on board.

Permalink to story.

With the max 1080p screen, they can also promise a longer battery lifetime than the new gen 2k screens. so that is only good new that they dont use the battery killing 2k screens.

With the max 1080p screen, they can also promise a longer battery lifetime than the new gen 2k screens. so that is only good new that they dont use the battery killing 2k screens.
I agree. FHD panels are cheaper too, and it'll be plenty sharp (my phones 720p 5.5" display looks sharp enough for me, it's still quite crisp). QHD displays are overrated.

I have a OnePlus2 and its an awesome phone for the money. Can't think of anything more I'd really want in a phone - the addition of NFC is good, I guess, although I haven't really missed it so far.

Back