"Operation System Failed " ?? How to fix this problem?

By d_kollar
Dec 16, 2005
  1. " Operation System Not Found " ?? How to fix this problem?

Basically i dont know wats going on but i was switching harddrives around to my computer to take some data off of it and when i put it back to the original computer :: it went to a black screen and says Operation System Failed

and when i went into my bios it detected no dvd drive or harddrive.

and i double checked the wireing and its perfect. but it keeps saying the same thing. i know the harddrive is not dead beacuse it reads on my other computer.

i really need help this is my brothers computer and if i mess it up my moms gonna get pretty angry at me. any help would be apprecaite it thank you =D
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu TS Rookie Posts: 5,837   +6

Do you know what master/slave mean when it comes to hard disks? Also, that it actually matters which plug goes where when you use a 80-wire IDE cable?

You must have changed someting somewhere. Changed jumper positions, changed cable locations, changed BIOS settings.
  3. Samstoned

Samstoned TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,018

do you remember how the 2nd machine booted with the new hdd as slave or master on the first ide channel or the 2nd one ???
    hope brother has a sense of humor
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.