Opinions On My PC!

By nWo9898915456
Aug 14, 2005
Post New Reply
  1. ---Well thanks to some help on my recent post my computer has been pushed a little bit faster. I need your guys opinion on my PC and things that i could improve on with it! NOTE: I don't need a super fast computer.. just something inexpensive to run Star Wars Galaxies and thats about it. I just went out and really upgraded it a bit!

Operating System: Windows XP

CPU: 3400+ Athlon XP

RAM: 2.5GB

Hard Drive: 160gb

Video Card: GeForce 6800 Ultra.. PCIe.. 512mb.. (Thanks to all who replied to my last post. They were correct the ATI-Radeon i had was insufficient to run BF2 smoothly. I got a good deal on this card, it's AMAZING!!!)

Internet Access: Comcast Highspeed (With this and the RAM, this computer runs GREAT.)

Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 20.1" Flat-Panel (I love this monitor!!)

---Thats about it for the important stuff. Overall i LOVE this computer but i need your guys opinion on it and other upgrades i should consider getting!
  2. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,495

You haVe to be kidding me lol. What else would you need? as long as cooling is good, forget upgrading and start playing
  3. Blakhart

Blakhart TS Rookie Posts: 353

Well, when you install all the bs kids usualy install, you will need an upgrade.
    If you build a separate box for innerweb use; email, aim, kazaa, all the spyware you can find, etc, and leave that fast box clean for gaming, you'll have the best use. On my game box I don't even have av.
  4. zephead

zephead TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,569

comcast? goddamn right! that cable service is quickly spreading across america . back in 2001, they had patchy services near detroit in michigan, and now my relative living in the sanfran bay area 2000+miles away in cali is getting said service!
  5. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,495

Too bad adelphia has the monopoly out here....we cant even get DSL, only overpriced, terribly supported Cable. At least it aint 56k

anyways congrats on the rig again :approve:

6. tom_pearson

tom_pearson TS Rookie Posts: 47

Just out of interest... is your gaming system on the internet too? (i'm presuming on a network)
  7. Blakhart

Blakhart TS Rookie Posts: 353

Yes it is. Firewall is up. Gameservers are being pinged. Updates are updated. Dilithium crystals Dilithiuming.