Opinions On My PC!

---Well thanks to some help on my recent post my computer has been pushed a little bit faster. I need your guys opinion on my PC and things that i could improve on with it! NOTE: I don't need a super fast computer.. just something inexpensive to run Star Wars Galaxies and thats about it. I just went out and really upgraded it a bit!

Operating System: Windows XP

CPU: 3400+ Athlon XP

RAM: 2.5GB

Hard Drive: 160gb

Video Card: GeForce 6800 Ultra.. PCIe.. 512mb.. (Thanks to all who replied to my last post. They were correct the ATI-Radeon i had was insufficient to run BF2 smoothly. I got a good deal on this card, it's AMAZING!!!)

Internet Access: Comcast Highspeed (With this and the RAM, this computer runs GREAT.)

Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 20.1" Flat-Panel (I love this monitor!!)

---Thats about it for the important stuff. Overall i LOVE this computer but i need your guys opinion on it and other upgrades i should consider getting!

nWo9898915456 said:
other upgrades i should consider getting!

You haVe to be kidding me lol. What else would you need? as long as cooling is good, forget upgrading and start playing

Well, when you install all the bs kids usualy install, you will need an upgrade.
If you build a separate box for innerweb use; email, aim, kazaa, all the spyware you can find, etc, and leave that fast box clean for gaming, you'll have the best use. On my game box I don't even have av.

comcast? goddamn right! that cable service is quickly spreading across america . back in 2001, they had patchy services near detroit in michigan, and now my relative living in the sanfran bay area 2000+miles away in cali is getting said service!

Too bad adelphia has the monopoly out here....we cant even get DSL, only overpriced, terribly supported Cable. At least it aint 56k

anyways congrats on the rig again :approve:

Sean

Blakhart said:
Well, when you install all the bs kids usualy install, you will need an upgrade.
If you build a separate box for innerweb use; email, aim, kazaa, all the spyware you can find, etc, and leave that fast box clean for gaming, you'll have the best use. On my game box I don't even have av.

Just out of interest... is your gaming system on the internet too? (i'm presuming on a network)

Yes it is. Firewall is up. Gameservers are being pinged. Updates are updated. Dilithium crystals Dilithiuming.

Back