order delayed

By @12if
Mar 25, 2005
  1. i ordered a v-card on monday night.. and this morning i got an email saying that the card i ordered will be delayed... due to some shipping difficulties.. omg.. i need to wait for another 3 weeks.. omg... ive been waiting for the vcard... :confused:
  2. @12if

@12if TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 23

i ordered the card in Amamax.. is the site trusted enough??..
  3. olefarte

olefarte TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 1,343   +6

I just ordered a bunch of stuff from and they delivered as promised. I ordered at 9 AM, and got next day FedEx and it was here the next day. And everything I ordered was correct and worked fine when I installed it. I highly recommend them, and there prices aren't bad either.
  4. @12if

the v-card i want is not available in newegg. i usually order there too
  5. lostfuze

lostfuze TS Rookie Posts: 22

NewEgg is simply amazing. I've made 3 orders from them over the past 2 weeks and everything has arrived in 3 days with the cheapest shipping available. Keep in mind that I am in Michigan, they are in California.

I honestly dont know how they do it. Prices are great aswell.
  6. vnf4ultra

vnf4ultra TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,388

Here you can check their rating, see what others think.
  7. @12if

omg.. the last two replies make me scared.... :confused:
    omg.. hopefully i can get my v-card on time. and everything will works fine...
  8. @12if

any1 ever order in this store b4 (Amamax)??.. how was the shipping and eveything..??
  9. ripken204

ripken204 TS Rookie Posts: 139

actually their main base is in california but they have a few storage houses throughout the country, i think there is one in pensylvania or however u spell
  10. C0d3Warr10r

C0d3Warr10r TS Rookie Posts: 33

Reseller Rating

According to Amamax seems to be a fairly reputable dealer. With a score of 84.2% (8.42/10) they are not exactly a stellar performer, but pretty good nonetheless... I've included a link below for Amamax's rating page on

Big Blue:
    Asus P4P800 I865PE
    P4 2.8GHz 800MHz
    2048MB KingMax PC-3200
    Maxtor DiamondMax 9 /160GB /7200RPM /8MB Cache
    ATI Radeon X800 Pro
    Enermax 420W PSU
    Aspire X-Dreamer II
    Lite-On 12X DVD+/-RW
    Sony 48X CD-RW
    Samsung SyncMaster 997DF 19" CRT
    3DMark03 Score: 10,035
  11. @12if

but.. what about the last two review??.. one said that the items never been sent... omg!
  12. olefarte

I think that most places allow you to cancel your order. As you are a lot apprehensive about this, maybe it's worth checking into and ordering from somewhere else. And three weeks is a long wait, if you can get something else similar form somewhere else in a couple of days.

As you haven't stated what card you are ordering, or I missed it, is there no substitute that you can find a Newegg? I mean the choices are nVidia and ATi, just different vendors, so why don't you just pick another.
  13. @12if

i ordered geforce 5600 256mb pci video card a week ago.. and i cant find that kind of card in other places.. i think Amamax is the only store... newegg only offers geforce 5200 and 5700le.. and people said that 5600 still better than both of them... what do u guys think?.. can i just cancel my order??
  14. @12if

if i cancel the order.. am i going to get my money back or not?
  15. nickc

nickc TechSpot Paladin Posts: 923   +11

if you'r order was bycredit card it should be credit back. " did not read your post.

and u are right to wait three weeks is a long time for a vcard
  16. olefarte

There are numbers listed on this page, that you can call and maybe find out what you can or cannot do.

The bottom line on this is, that what we think in this forum is not what counts, it's what Amamax will do, as they are the only ones who can really answer you questions. If it was me, I'd be giving those guys a call to see what's up, and try to cancel the order if it's going to be that long a wait, but if you are dead set on that particular video card and you can't find it anywhere else you don't have a choice but to wait.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.