OS Updates - No more updates?

jstillion

One of the reason's I found tech spot so great so long ago was there extensive list of updates / patches for the various windows OS's and game / tweak guides. There has been a big shift towards the news & forums. I still think tech spot is a great site and is part of my daily visit's between calls here at work but I've noticed that the OS updates are rarely updated anymore. In the past I've submitted a bunch of SP2 hotfixes that were not on your site and not main stream patches either (which your site uses to link to also).

I'm not really complaining, just wanted to point this out. I know the nature of you’re page has changed focus and it's still a great resource to me.

I'm updating it whenever Microsoft releases their monthly security bulletins (Before they went out whenever they were ready). I've been sent a decent few other updates, but at lot of them were too specific (e.g. crash with certain P4 CPU stepping) I think too add them to the list.

Yesterday I updated the page with this months Microsoft updates. For the different OSes I added;
XP - 8
2000 - 7
Me - 4
98 SE - 3
& removed I think, 1 superceded Windows 2000 update.

Back