Outlook 2003 - problem sending email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wobwill

Hi,

I run outlook 2003 on a win xp sp2 system. I have recently been unable to send emails from outlook. I appear to be properly set up with pop3 to my yahoo mail account.

When I try and send or forward an email from outlook, it appears to leave the outbox and appears in the sent items folder. However it doesn't appear in my yahoo mail box either in the inbox of sent to my yahoo account or the sent items if sent to another account.

Does anyone know what is going on and how to fix it please?

Will

First, you need all the Outlook 2003 updates downloaded and installed. There are at least three of them. Use the Office Updates header.
Then you need to look at the help site at Yahoo regarding outlook 2003 installs.

Raybay,

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction - it was starting to a be a frustrating problem!

Will

Hi Raybay,

I still don't know why the problem started, but have recently moved home and it took several weeks to get the internet up and running. It's since then that I had the problem.

I checked out what Yahoo had to say. In the first instance I was being told to encrypt both the POP3 and SMTP server connections. All my settings were correct and I was unable to get the emails to appear on the yahoo servers when sent from outlook 2003. A second help page told me not to encrypt the POP3 and SMTP server connections as this could cause problems. I unencrypted the connections and am now able to send email. I am a little surprised that all the test emails I had sent have also arrived at their destinations if somewhat late!

will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back