Outlook 2003 rules not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

milky

my rules won't run in Outlook 2003. Every time I create a new rule and select "run rules now on messages already in this folder", nothing happens. Then if I create the same exact rule again, it works. But then new incoming emails that the rule should apply to don't follow the rule.
Also, if I try to run rules manually through tools/rules and alerts, all my rules are listed, but when I click on Run Rules Now... a window pops up and asks which rules to run, but there are no rules to select.
Also, when I first open tools/rules and alerts, I can't delete any rules.

I recently downgraded from Office 2007 Beta2 when the trial ran out. This caused a couple of other problems which I have fixed. Could this be another downgrade problem?

thanks tedster, but that is not the solution I'm looking for.

if your dog gets sick, do you just throw it out and get a new one?

milky said:
thanks tedster, but that is not the solution I'm looking for.

if your dog gets sick, do you just throw it out and get a new one?

Very interesting analogy, and I like it. Sorry I could not add to the thread.

Re: can't run rules

I know this is an old post but I had the same problem and found a solution for myself.

After I created the Rule, I noticed that (in brackets) after the rule name it said (For other machine)

I selected the rule and then selected 'Change Rule'. Then 'Edit rule settings'

At the very top of the 'Rules Wizard" options I unselected 'on this machine only' and wham-o, the rules show-up. (don’t for get to pick which mail box you want to run it from if you have multiple ones.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back