outlook express not opening

By dougbrad81
Apr 18, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi,
    i need help. my outllok express doesn't open. it only display the splash screen. i've tried everything i know, but to no avail. any help to rectify this problem would be appreciated. or is there a way i can reinstall this? by the way i'm running windows xp. thanks in advance for any assistance.
  2. SuperCheetah

SuperCheetah Newcomer, in training Posts: 868

3. Didou

Didou Bowtie extraordinair! Posts: 5,899

Try loading the task manager when the Splash Screen stays idling. Just hit CTRL + SHIFT + ESC. See if the application is running or if it's frozen.

It could be a problem with the Data files ( Inbox, Sent messages, etc... ). Try moving your Mail data files. Sometimes when you do so, Outlook starts in a sort of Safe Mode.

When I launch Outlook Express, MSN is launched at the same time. Maybe Outlook is waiting for MSN to launch. Try launching MSN first & then Outlook.
  4. dougbrad81

dougbrad81 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

thanks that did it. i ha uninstalled msn and messenger. didn't think it would affect outlook exprees.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.