over clocking

By SirMaggot
Feb 10, 2006
  1. I have a MSI P4N SLI-FI NVIDIA Socket 775 ATX motherboard and i think can be overclocked but i dont know how i have a 3.2ghz p4 and im try to get it at least 3.6 or more it temp is 20C idle and 28C at load so i was hoping you guy can help

2. JMag034

JMag034 TS Rookie Posts: 29

3. SOcRatEs

SOcRatEs TechSpot Paladin Posts: 966

Also , if your still in a reading mood.
    OverClocking guide
    Read anything and everything till you feel confident you understand,
    Then go for it.
  4. hayward

hayward TS Rookie

help overclocking

i have an asus a8n sli premium, AMD athlon 3500+(venice), Gainward 7900gt and ipq turbo ram . i have been told that it has great overclocking potential but am unsnsur how to. if i overclock do i need to get after markte cooling devices? any help would be welcom.
  5. CMH

CMH TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,039   +9

If you're not interested in overclocking too high, the stock heatsink will do, but it doesn't hurt to get a good aftermarket cooler. I personally find the Zalman VF700-Cu to be very good, and there's no reason to think why the newer V900-Cu isn't better.

It doesn't vent out, so good airflow within the case helps. Apparently if you had good airflow within the case, performance is better than arctic silencer according to some reviews I read.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.