Overclock Intel Celeron D in Dell desktop

Dat1Gamer

Okay I've been posting alot of treads about my 2.93ghz stock dell I want to get atleast 3.4ghz it has tons of fans in it it runs at 20C anyone know some programs to oc it? its a Optiplex 210L

Since you say your PC is a Dell, I don't think you will have any options to over-clock.
  • Celeron's are locked processors, so you don't have the option to increase the multiplier.
  • Dell as well as other manufacturers usually lock the BIOS, so you wouldn't be able to increase the base frequency either.

Is there a program where I can atleast do a temp overclock?
If I recall correctly the CPU can be overclocked only through the BIOS or if there is a physical switch on the mobo.
You can't overcloclk it via a program in windows.Although programs do exist for overclocking a GPU.

Okay I've been posting alot of treads about my 2.93ghz stock dell I want to get atleast 3.4ghz it has tons of fans in it it runs at 20C anyone know some programs to oc it? its a Optiplex 210L
There is really very little point to overclocking a Celeron D. With locked CPU multipliers, aftermarket board makers provide custom software to accomplish the task. Dell is definitely not one of them.

As for "it runs at 20C", are you sure it's turned on? Because 20 Celsius equals 68 Fahrenheit. (Which is lower than average room temperature).

With your heart set on overclocking an ancient CPU such as the single core, single thread Celeron, I expect you can start all the threads you like, but none will provide any answers you want to hear.

There is really very little point to overclocking a Celeron D. With locked CPU multipliers, aftermarket board makers provide custom software to accomplish the task. Dell is definitely not one of them.

As for "it runs at 20C", are you sure it's turned on? Because 20 Celsius equals 68 Fahrenheit. (Which is lower than average room temperature).

With your heart set on overclocking an ancient CPU such as the single core, single thread Celeron, I expect you can start all the threads you like, but none will provide any answers you want to hear.
Well You dont have to worry any more im hopefully gonna get $300 for my b-day and im gonna buy "
[CENTER][LEFT] [/LEFT][/CENTER]
[LEFT]Remove
AMD FX 4100 Black Edition 3.6GHz Quad-Core Socket AM3+ Boxed Processor

Comment [write a comment]

Date added: 2/10/2013 1:42:04 PM $89.99
[LEFT]Add to Cart[/LEFT][/LEFT]

[LEFT]Remove
ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Socket AM3+ 990FX ATX AMD Motherboard

Date added: 2/10/2013 1:43:48 PM $144.99

[LEFT]Remove
Diablotek EL Series PSEL500 500 Watt ATX Power Supply

Date added: 2/10/2013 1:54:16 PM $17.99

Remove
HIS H775FN1G Radeon HD 7750 1024MB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x16 Video Card

Well You dont have to worry any more im hopefully gonna get $300 for my b-day and im gonna buy "
Atta boy...(y) I do hope that works out in your favor..:)

I'd dump the PSU you're considering like a hot potato. It really can't be any good. An Antec or Seasonic with a lower power rating would most likely put out more useable wattage, and your system wouldn't be in danger as it would be with the Diablotek.

That's as much as I can contribute. I don't speak AMD, ATI Radeon or Asus. Well, other than to say those parts are well thought of.

You're gonna need an OS, I'm suggesting Windows 7 Home Premium >>64 bit<<, which can had for about 80 bucks on sale.

You have too much money tied up in the motherboard. A Matx board, (either Asus or Gigabyte), will work just fine in a budget gaming rig, and you can likely get one at half that price. A full size ATX board in that price range offers SLI or Crossfire for multiple video cards. I'm not reading you in that budget range. Maybe on your next build..;)

If you near a "Microcenter", you can very often buy a bundled CPU & board for dirt cheap. But you would have to follow what's being offered in their current promos.

Newegg.com has "Shell Shocker" deals daily. Very often one of them is a board / CPU combo. As with all things related to purchasing, you need to window shop all the time, and be patient.

Im buying that diablotek as an backup incase my 5yr old 600W dynex goes out I've always had luck with dynex power supplys but each time they give up I don't have an back up Psu! :x And Whats even funnier? Im turning 13 in August and right now you give me the parts for a pc I can assemble it in 15-25min and have the os and every thing installed

That's an awful power supply.
Please remember that power supplies have capacitors that will kill you.
They especially go after teenagers.

Make sure it will actually fit.
You would do a lot better to drop the motherboard to something that costs about $80 or less and getting a 7770 or something.
I've seen the antec EA380 on sale for $20 sometimes and would be a much much better choice than either of those.

Eh im not afraid really so far ive had 800W go thru my body from not properly discharging a CB radio amp

As a 64 year old, I certainly do. However, if this thread continues much longer, I'll be spouting Hamlet, as in, "oh death where is thy sting".......

Lol no I was fixing a cb radio supply and I didnt realise it wasnt discharged an touched the board to replace a fuse and then I found out what 800W feels like I don't like even plugging stuff into a socket I just don't like power period

Dat's 1 awesome story!

many years ago, I got "electrocuted" indirectly once from a lightning strike and I feel funny for several days.
a palm tree many meters from my house was directly hit and I while using the computer got a jolt.
luckily only the psu is busted, ~20$ replacement at that time.
(I really thought it's *iagra or bust. :))

Perhaps you should stick to laptops or maybe a tablet, as those probably can't electrocute you, just maybe burn a hole in your leg when the batteries have a "thermal episode". As for the quality of Diablotek PSUs, see Johnny Guru's website for a good laugh.

Lol thats the thing im not gonna spend upwards of 2K for a razer MX zo play BF3 on ultra when I can build a desktop that can play it on ultra for €450

Back