TechSpot

Overclock Restart

By cfitzarl
Aug 28, 2006
  1. I have had my computer overclocked now for a few days, having it set at between 3.0 and 3.1 ghz (fsb 150-155) and everything worked fine. I went into BIOS and set the fsb to 165, and the screen came up blank and the mobo kept resetting itself. I removed the lithium battery (What is this called?) and set the fsb to 160, same thing. I then set it to 158-9 and the computer started up normally, and I turned on speedfan, and it reported 99, normal for my overclock. All of a sudden the computer restarted itself. I then toned the overclock down to fsb 150, and now everything is fine. What happened?

2. i_am_a_newbie

i_am_a_newbie TS Rookie Posts: 170

It was unstable and could not function without more voltage(or just plain unstable).

3. CrossFire851

CrossFire851 TS Rookie Posts: 766

Turn off your computer, set your PSU switch to off with it still plug in so it can ground. Remove CMOS Battery for a few mins and reinsert it and turn the switch back on then also the computer. Then go into BIOS and reset the settings to your perfered choice.

4. i_am_a_newbie

i_am_a_newbie TS Rookie Posts: 170

You must've totally missed the part where he did that, and his actual question was "what happened?".

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.