lo everyone,

right if you could help me here it would be quality :p

i have a

AMD Athlon 64bit 3400+ Newcastle 512kb running at 2.4ghz
512mb DDR RAM PC2100 (2x 256mb) INFIEON "133mhz (99% sure)"
60GB Samsung Hdd
Gigabyte GA-K8VM800M Mobo running F5 BIOS
GeForce ti4200 128mb AGPx4
And quality LED lights etc (well ventalated)

i want to overclock and know how to kinda, well i can change the system bus from 200 on a mulitplier of 12 to 210 giving me about 2520mhz but it ups the ram and agp and pci etc (u all kno this) im aware of this but not sure wat my ram, agp, pci, can take.

i can up the bus speed to 225 if i bring down the CAS latency to 3.0 and up the agp voltage by 0.1v but no more. i dont want to CAS to 3.0 tbh and agp could damage???

ok now im quite confused, i know that my memory is poor but im poor lol so i can afford none until next month where im probably gona get some hyperx pc3200 (2nd hand ebay jobbie). anyway what im getting at is, what do i need to alter to allow it to raise even more. The main thing i want to up is the cpu but memory is so poor that to. i have my bus at 210 atm and its upped my memory and stuff to and it runs fine, my cpu temp is around 33 (30-36). on tha bios i have loads of options but not dram voltage or summink (i have memory option to change rows etc). please help us out im a intense gamer with no cash and a lota time/interest/paiteince. :angel:

OH i have easytune and that also wont let me touch tha voltages (apart from agp)

AND ive overclocked my ti no probs :p

any other detail u need to kno ill provide (as long as it aint credit card etc etc)

It wont start if i move over 210 on 2.0 latancy and agp voltage on auto :S and i have to take that lil battery out for 20secs to clear tha CMOS.

Plus there option to divide it on easy tune but atm (without this divide thingie my ram with bus 210 is (DRAM=279) normal is 266

(just thought id add that)
:monkey:

just slowly push the bus speed up, so you know what your limit is. after that worry about the multiplier. as far as your components goes, it's possible that there can be damage of course, but not probable. you'll just have to go on a trial and error type of experimentation. good luck.

ok i know my limit as stated its 210 unless i put CAS latency to 3.0 (from 2.0) which is making memory slow slow slow (is it not), 210 much lower than i expected to get, now u say multiplier? what do i do to that, as i have a athlon 64bit i cant change UP can only go DOWN? so i lower this to enable? and how much do i lower? :slurp: im not suremy other post is clear wil CAS to 3.0 and increasing to 225 bus speed make my computer slower or faster? (may sound silly but im quite new like most others posting these kind of posts to overclocking) also shall i change all them row values i can see in my BIOS if so... wat to?? lol cause i see on this and other forums people stating there pc spec and there memory is for example PC3200 512mb 3-2-1-1, i think i can change these values (well i kno i can) but how/wat to/wat it mean/ahhh/lol/ :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back