Overclocking Sapphire Radeon 9600XT 256MB. What are the limits?

By MaXtor
Jan 3, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello everyone. I have already overclocked my Sapphire Radeon 9600XT 256MB, but I wanted to know what its limits are. I have been told that it is a good card for overclocking. But when I opened ATI Tray Tools it wouldn't let me overclock. I then downloaded ATITOOL and I am now able to overclock. The default gpu is 500 and the memory is 300. Right now I am running the gpu at 527 and the memory at 333. I haven't seen artifacts, so I would like to overclock it more but I am afraid of frying my card.

Has anyone overclocked this card before? What kind of limits does it have?
  2. LipsOfVenom

LipsOfVenom Newcomer, in training Posts: 256

i had an 9600 XT that i overclocked to 342/550 ...but thats not really much farther from your o/c...the higher you overclock, the more you increase the risk of damaging your card...from heating or by just decreasing it's life span...o/c isn't an exact science...so you can bring it as high as you possibly can...but their are consequences to all that we do...
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.