P.E. Builder- Rescue Disk

By iss
Sep 20, 2003
  1. Has anyone tried using Bart's PE Builder? it is a pretty nice and extremely simple program for building your own Win PE disk. a self contained operating system on a CD the latest version incorporates a ramdisk and adds the ability to use Nero.
    (an it really works)

check it out.
  2. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +395

That looks pretty awesome. Soul will like it.
  3. StormBringer

StormBringer TS Rookie Posts: 2,244

That is indeed a very handy application.

The ad for this should be "If you liked Bart's Network Bootdisk, you'll love PE Builder"
  4. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 1,994

even for those that cant add ERD 2003 it is still one of the best rescue disk creators out there. and the best thing is that it is a ongoing project with more features and more plugin's being developed for it.

I am just now starting to learn how to make my own plugins for the programs I want to add to it.
  5. SNGX1275

SNGX1275 TS Forces Special Posts: 10,689   +395

It doesn't say anything about XP Pro without SP1. I can't install SP1 cause it screws up my VPN connection.
  6. iss

iss TechSpot Chancellor Topic Starter Posts: 1,994

well if you really want to create a PE rescue disk you dont have to have SP1 installed on your system. what you can do is create a WinXP disk with SP1 slipstreamed into it and use that as the source.

this is about the best guide i have seen for doing that.

it adds a little work to the process of building your PE disk but the end result is well worth it.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.