TechSpot

P4 motherboard reccomendations

By dank7737
Jun 26, 2002
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reccomendations

Hey everyone,
    I have a question for you all. Could you please reccomend some motherboards to me that are compatable with a 2.2ghz intel p4 and a leadtek geforce4 ti4600? Also if you could give any reasoning behind your recomendation such as good overclocking etc. it would be greatly appreciated. thanks a ton.
  2. uncleel

uncleel TS Rookie Posts: 1,145

3. Top_gun

Top_gun TS Rookie Posts: 81

I would go wit tha Asus P4B533.
  4. ShIvAc

ShIvAc TS Rookie

THe choose between i845g and SiS645dx

You'll have to first make a choosement between i845g or SiS645dx chipsets. Personally, I would have chosen i845g. Tests have shown better memory bandwidth results with DDR-333 enabled on this card, rather that DDR-333 on the SiS645dx. The issue is that i845g card has intergrated VGA, but ignore that. But the price could be a "little" higher, but not much.

One more thing, is that the i845g is specced as a PC-2100 RAM speed as max. This is only an official rate, and should be ignored. The chipset fully supports DDR-333.

A good card with i845g, would be Abit BG7 card. The best of them all is the Epox 4g4a(+) card. Both is higly overclockable.

If your choosing the cheaper solution (sis), go for the Asus P4S533 card. This card can be overcloked to DDR-400, in line with the better i845g cards, like the epox and ABIT card i mentioned.

Good luck! ;)

Check www.neoseeker.com for hardware tests
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.